Social Media Manager (Spanish language)
Who we are
Semrush is an international IT company. From 2008 on, we’ve been creating our own unique online platform for digital marketers, and - in our humble opinion - we’re doing pretty well! With Semrush you can track the effectiveness of your website, evaluate the product’s online presence, analyze your competitors, and the list goes on.
Among the core values of our company is the affection for brave - even daring - ideas and love for experiments. We don’t perform routine tasks, we create! And that’s the reason why our colleagues are at the forefront of establishing top trends in a digital world. To date, we have helped 7 million marketers from the United States, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Wanna create great things together? The time is now!
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence in the Spanish/LATAM markets, and be involved in big projects on the US market (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn Facebook)
- Create new & localize existing social media content that will engage our audience.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success.
- Manage online reputation across main social media channels (mostly Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook). Engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and industry.
- Work as a part of the Social Media team and in close collaboration with the regional team.
You Are a perfect fit if you
- Have not less than 3 years of experience in Social Media Marketing and worked as a social media manager through that time.
- Have experience with marketing on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram together with a great knowledge of digital marketing and SEO. We want to learn from your great expertise.
- Have experience in working with SaaS businesses or interested in the tech sphere. You will have to learn how our platform works & answer customers’ questions in 3 months.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching a conference, or event).
- Possess strong strategic skills and love creating content yourself. You will be fully responsible for the whole social media marketing of the Spanish/LATAM regions.
- Know SEO & digital marketing on 6/10 or have practical experience in this field. We create the best software for digital marketers and think that only marketers can understand other marketers’ needs the best.
Next to that you have:
- Strong verbal and written Spanish (as well as native/C1 - is a must).
- Higher Education (preferably in Marketing, Digital, PR).
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Ability to analyze online user engagement metrics with the help of Facebook insights, Google Analytics, and similar tools.
- Experience in using SMM Software (Facebook Insights, Hootsuite, buffer, sprout social, audience, Twitter analytics) and graphic design tools (Canva) would be a great plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Creativity, proactivity, and willingness to constantly learn and grow with a creative playful approach to achieving goals.
- Are ready to set & reach ambitious goals. And we expect you to have an action plan on how we could achieve it
The interview process includes several steps with their own timelines, you can find more details below:
- Response from a recruiter after you applied for the position - up to 1 day.
- Completion of Semrush form, if your experience is relevant - you can choose the date and time for the interview (5 questions) - response time up to 1 day.
- Phone interview with a recruiter (15-30 minutes) - you can choose the date and time for the interview.
- Experts are reviewing the resume - up to 2 days.
- First Interview (up to 1 hour) - you can choose the date and time for the interview.
- Second Interview (up to 1 hour) - you can choose the date and time for the interview.
- Feedback after the interview with the team - up to 2 days.
It is the policy of Semrush to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.