WHO WE ARE
Semrush is a leading digital marketing toolkit for SEO, PPC, and content marketing professionals worldwide, with 7 million marketers who have already used Semrush to improve online marketing activities, monitor their website’s performance, as well as the competitor’s one.
With over 45 tools within the software and search data for 140 countries, Semrush provides solutions for in-house marketing teams and agencies working with clients in any industry. Semrush is an absolute leader helping good marketers become great!
We are seeking a motivated candidate for a Manager of Billing and Reporting role to drive the constant enhancement in Semrush's finance function, processes, systems, and value creation to support and enable continued exemplary financial performance and operations.
The Manager of Billing and Reporting will be responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all of Semrush’s processes for global billing and collections along with recording necessary information to meet reporting needs. Such activities include:
- Development of quote to apply process that utilizes existing system and process while identifying opportunities for remediation of control deficiencies to meet the requirements of a SOX 404 compliance
- Liaison with sales and business development teams to identify new potential billing opportunities and process for relevant information communication to the Finance function
- Recording of all billing activity in Navision, our current global ERP system
- Support of the monthly close process by reconciling all billing activity to the global ERP system and projection of amortization of deferred revenue
- Work with Manager of External Reporting and Technical Accounting in the development comprehensive disclosures to be included US GAAP, foreign statutory accounting, and associated financial reporting
- Work with FP&A on development of internal reporting structure and KPI reporting metrics
- Key internal stakeholder in the selection and implementation of new long-term ERP system to meet needs of growing international busines
1. Leading the quote to apply process on a global basis. Execute all responsibilities in compliance with our expected SOX 404 internal control framework.
2. Support various aspects of the Ernst & Young integrated audit, including: (i) participating in pre-audit kick-off meetings; (ii) overseeing interim testing activities related to revenue; (iii) completing various quarter-end tasks; (iv) managing year-end audit requests; and (v) driving cost-saving efficiencies.
3. Strategic Decision Making & Relationship Building: The tactical and strategic decisions will include making and supporting judgments and assumptions relating to Semrush's revenue recognition and disclosures. Other aspects will require the ability to influence key stakeholders, and deliver superior customer service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience including
- SEC reporting experience with a publicly-traded company
- Working technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting and reporting requirements along with ability to apply ASC 606 to applicable sales agreements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic-thinking skills with a forward-looking focus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team environment working with others
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting (preferred)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adept at handling change
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) plan with Dollar for Dollar company match up to 3% and an additional 50% match on the next 2% you contribute- for a total of 4% company matching funds- EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS ARE FULLY VESTED FROM DAY ONE!
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Some additional perks that Semrush has to offer:
- Flexible work hours
- FREE snacks and drinks
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.