Corporate Development Analyst
WHO WE ARE
Semrush is a leading digital marketing toolkit for SEO, PPC, and content marketing professionals worldwide, with 7 million marketers who have already used Semrush to improve online marketing activities, monitor their website’s performance, as well as the competitor’s one.
With over 45 tools within the software and search data for 140 countries, Semrush provides solutions for in-house marketing teams and agencies working with clients in any industry. Semrush is an absolute leader helping good marketers become great!
Semrush is seeking a motivated and diligent Corporate Development Analyst to help drive Semrush’s M&A initiatives and other strategic partnerships. As a Corporate Development Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on the full investment lifecycle - from identifying and sourcing new opportunities to deal analysis and execution. You will work with, and learn from, professionals across almost all different Semrush departments and Semrush subsidiaries.
- Research and build reports on interesting sub-verticals within digital marketing, with a focus on identifying TAM, industry growth, competitive landscape, existing product functionality, technology trends, PE & VC activity, and potential M&A Theses
- Directly source companies by building prospecting lists based on proprietary research
- Engage with bankers, brokers, and other business intermediaries to source and evaluate deals
- Create initial deal summaries based on CIMs, public data, and other available materials
- Manage administrative processes such as the signing of NDAs, call scheduling, note-taking
- Analyze financial statements, cohort data, and KPIs to create financial models and projections
- Analyze other business and customer data to inform investment and strategic decisions
- Participate in due diligence processes involving consultants, lawyers, and other service providers
- Develop investment memoranda and post merger integration documents
Driving Post-Merger Integrations
- Assist Finance, Legal, and HR in implementing post-acquisition initiatives related to the success and compliance of the acquired company
- Work closely with Revenue, Marketing, Product, and Analytics teams to formulate and execute new go-to-market strategies, growth experiments, and product roll-outs
- Create reports related to the performance of acquired companies and of collaborative projects between Semrush and its subsidiaries
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with good listening skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interest in business and/or M&A in SaaS
- The ability to multitask and be flexible in a role, working cross functionally with different teams
- Proficiency with data analysis and data visualization using microsoft excel and google sheets
- Proficiency with microsoft powerpoint and google slides
- Work experience in digital marketing, business or data analysis, or technology M&A - a plus but not required
- Basic accounting knowledge and understanding of the three major financial statements - a plus but not required
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) plan with Dollar for Dollar company match up to 3% and an additional 50% match on the next 2% you contribute- for a total of 4% company matching funds- EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS ARE FULLY VESTED FROM DAY ONE!
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Some additional perks that Semrush has to offer:
• Flexible work hours
• FREE snacks and drinks
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.